Spring Break, really? The weather seems far from spring right now. It’s cold and windy and there is a prediction (Dare I say it?) for a snowstorm on Saturday. This week off really should be called “Late Winter Break” or “Maybe it’s Spring, but only if you’re lucky break” , but I prefer to think of it as the “Hey, I don’t have to get up at 5 a.m. break.”
The break from work also means a break in my routine, and my mind tends to wander. A lot. Here’s the evidence.
My Random Thoughts that occurred during Spring (ha-ha-ha) Break
1. I have 7 weeks of teaching left in this school year. That’s it. 7 weeks. Where did my school year go? I love my students and 7 weeks is just not enough time to do what I want to do.
2. My two children have 9 weeks left in their school year. That’s it. 9 weeks. Thank goodness! I’m so over 5th and 7th grade, the school system, the projects, the headaches, and the homework.
3. Gasp! My daughter has her 5th grade recognition in 8.5 weeks. That means she’ll be a middle schooler in the fall. Help!
4. 39 years old + Waterpark = Soreness for days. I will never learn, will I?
5. I like staying up late and sleeping in. Oh, how I love sleeping in.
6. Pedicures are a wonderful thing. Why have I been denying myself this pleasure all these years? Oh yeah, the cost thing. But the flowers on my toes are so cute. **sigh**
7. When can I wear my sandals? I want to show off my flowers on my toes.
8. Newsletter, I need to write my April newsletter and make my April calendar for my students and their families. Focus, I need to focus.
9. You mean I have to get up at 5 a.m. and go back to work on Monday? Will it be spring then? Will I be able to wear my sandals to work? I have these flowers on my toes…
10. Routine, I need my routine. I need my preschoolers. And why is that dinosaur song still stuck in my head. Why?
11. Seven weeks. I’m going to cry that last day of school. I just know it. These are two outstanding groups of kids. How did I get so lucky this year?
12. I hate ending on odd numbers. It bothers me.